Thursday, August 9, 2018

Quilts & Tops from 2018

Arrowhead aka Garlic Knots - Charity quilt




This is the first Arrowhead Puzzle (aka
Garlic Knots) quilt I made.  My blocks were made from 2" strips and so finish 6"
















Free motion quilting on Arrowhead Puzzle baby quilt




I used this one to practice free motion quilting - the quilting is much easier to see from the back:














I made this table runner from a Connecting Threads kit that I purchased on clearance.  (Pieceful Place Table Runner by Mari Martin)  Made it for FMQ practice and used two layers of Hobbs 8-/20 so the quilting would show up more:

It now graces my DR table.  The double layer did show up the quilting but I wouldn't do this for place mats because a glass or stemware would not be stable on it.  But for the centre of the table I think it's just fine.

Hot Stuff - Charity Quilt






Marimekko and I Spy leftovers to make a cheerful charity quilt that hope some toddler will love.

















Garlic Knots II - Charity Quilt



Added to leftover arrowhead (aka garlic knots) blocks to make a second baby sized quilt.  The borders are Debbie Mumm fabrics that are nearly vintage LOL!



















Granny's Scraps - Charity Quilt



Went through my charity quilt group's scrap bin for small pieces to make this one.  It's inspirec by Elsie Campbell's  Big and Little Sister Quilts from her book Radiant Quilts .  Her two quilts are made from 2 1/2" and 1 1/2" squares - mine is made from 2" squares.  Some of my fabrics made less than completely successful blocks but all were enjoyable to make













Esks and UofA Colours - Charity Quilt



My home football team (Edmonton Eskimos) and my alma mater (University of Alberta) have the same colours - green and gold - like our river valley in autumn.  This was quickly made from 2 1/2 inch strips.



No comments:

Post a Comment